||Quality Assurance (QA)
BL&A maintains a commitment to providing superior services to all their clients. As part of this commitment, BL&A maintains a Quality Assurance Program to ensure its clients complete satisfaction.
BL&A Quality Assurance Program
BL&A implemented a Quality Assurance Program (QAP) that is monitored to ensure its effectiveness and is continuously improved through process development. The QAP is maintained in accordance with the requirements of legal or regulatory requirements, as required. Upper-level management is committed to the development, implementation and the continual improvement of our Quality Assurance Program.
Contract and Task Order Quality Plans
Throughout contract execution, BL&A utilizes its established QAP to assign, control and integrate the performance of all Team member work. This plan has five major components:
- procedures for planning and managing tasks that clearly define the roles of the Program Management Office (PMO) and Team member employees;
- procedures for quick access to personnel to specify support requirements;
- procedures for assuring Team member performance that include specific management tools;
- procedures for managing Team member resources that include comprehensive reporting and performance analysis; and
- procedures for allocating Team member personnel to ensure that “best value” personnel are appropriately assigned to tasks.
BL&A’s workflow controls are firmly established in our QAP and include tools and systems designed to facilitate the production and timely delivery of quality services and deliverables. These controls are designed to keep the Program Managers and Project Leads abreast of changing requirements and schedules, and at the same time exercise effective cost control. A Task Management Plan is prepared for each task, identifying baselines for: schedule and milestones, manpower utilization, budget, deliverables, product quality criteria, inspection/testing requirements, materials management, training requirements, calibrated equipment needs, document and design control, quality records generation and maintenance, and other requirements for which performance can be measured.
Internal and External Quality Assessment
Internally, BL&A maintains a planned and implemented system to monitor and improve business processes in order to continually provide customers with high quality products and services.
Upper-level management ensures customer requirements are met with the main focus of improving customer satisfaction. Customer requirements and expectations are to be understood at the beginning of any project. Compliance is assessed through monthly operational manager's performance reviews. At the conclusion of any project these requirements and expectations are to be validated, documented and reported to the appropriate authority in order to enhance customer satisfaction on future projects.
BL&A also supports external quality assessments by its customers. Customer satisfaction data can come in many formats such as reports submitted by the customer or through customer surveys conducted by BL&A personnel. As appropriate, visiting BL&A representatives may conduct periodic customer satisfaction surveys with customer representatives to ascertain customer perceptions of quality, including:
Any identified customer concerns are handled in accordance with BL&A policies to:
- Responsiveness to customer's requirements, needs, and expectations
- Customer's access to appropriate levels of BL&A management
- Perception of BL&A image as indicated by personnel behavior and professionalism
- Problems encountered in people, products, schedules, hardware/software, media/communications, etc.
- Quality service evaluation in terms of accuracy, completeness, and timeliness
- Identification of incidents that may warrant commendations for BL&A employees
- Customers' future plans and expectations
- Customers' own goals and objectives
Customers' suggestions for change or improvements
Corrective and Preventative Action
- Respond to customer within 24 hours, to acknowledge receipt of the customer concern, give any preliminary information available at the time, and assure the customer that the concern is being worked.
- Determine the root cause of customer concern.
- Implement appropriate action(s) to remedy the customer issue and document action(s) taken, format optional.
- Communicate action taken to customer, and appropriate internal personnel.
- Monitor effectiveness of action(s) taken to ensure issue(s) have been properly resolved, and document results.
Follow-up with customer to ensure action taken meets with their approval and satisfaction, and document customer response as objective evidence of issue closure.
- Maintain and disseminate lessons learned to avoid problem recurrence.
BL&A utilizes defined procedures for corrective action to eliminate the causes of actual non-conformances. Corrective action includes:
BL&A also utilizes established procedures for preventive action to help eliminate the causes of potential non-conformances. Preventive action includes:
- effective handling and review of customer concerns and reports of non-conformities.
- analysis of processes, work operations, quality records, customer concerns and returned product to detect and eliminate root causes of non-conformities.
- investigating the causes of nonconformities and implementing the action needed to prevent recurrence.
- documentation of the results of implementation and recording of changes in procedures resulting form actions taken.
- verification that corrective actions taken are effective.
- identifying and utilizing appropriate sources of information for performance evaluation, such as process and operational failures, audit results, quality records, service reports, concessions, and customer concerns, which are used to detect, analyze and eliminate actual and potential causes of nonconformance.
- planning the steps needed to improve processes that require preventive action.
- executing the planned steps and applying controls to verify that the results are effective.
- quality records of preventive actions are maintained.
- confirmation that relevant information on preventive actions taken is submitted for management review and decision.